Sold in pharmacies in bags or packs, is an extract in tablets and creams. There are many manufacturers, there are no analogues as such.
, 75 р. Average price online * , 75 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
St. John's wort is a plant whose healing properties are known from time immemorial. Hypericum herb is a worthy analogue to many drugs. To use the plant for medicinal purposes, according to the instructions.
St. John's wort contains in its composition of biologically active substances, namely, essential oils, nicotinic and ascorbic acids, carotene, tannins, etc. An impressive list of components that make up the Hypericum, provides extensive use of this plant for medical purposes.
But there are moments that are particularly interesting for both sexes. First, St. John's wort is undesirable for people with pronounced hypertension. Secondly, this plant affects the sexual sphere, affecting sexuality.
Benefits for women
What is the effectiveness of Hypericum:
- removal of pain during menstruation;
- relief of menopause;
- elimination of the inflammatory process in the appendages (colpitis, vulvitis, inflammation of the uterus);
- hair protection and strengthening;
- normalization of metabolism and hormonal background;
- skin nutrition through baths and baths;
- treatment of urinary inflammation, including cystitis;
- support for sexual tone.
Note that during pregnancy and lactation, the use of Hypericum is contraindicated, because the plant has a weak, but still toxic.
A simple recipe for treating nerve and hormone disruptions:
- 1.5-2 Art. l dried flowers of Hypericum pour boiling water;
- let it brew for half an hour;
- filter the fibers;
- drink broth 20 minutes before meals, 1/3 cup three times a day;
- course from 5 to 8 weeks.
When painful menstruation associated with hormonal imbalance, take the infusion of the herb St. John's wort: 2 tablespoons of raw materials pour a glass of boiling water, and infuse for 30 minutes. Strain, take one-third of a glass 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals. It is better to undergo treatment (6-8 weeks).
Benefits for men
Strong sex sometimes needs to strengthen sexual function. St. John's wort for this is more than suitable:
- enhances sexual desire, erection and brightness of the experience of orgasm;
- awakens sexual fantasy;
- increases physical endurance;
- eliminates the inflammatory process in the urinary tract.
A simple recipe for romantic dates:
- insist on boiling water for 1 hour 2 dess. l dry herb Hypericum (inflorescences with leaves);
- add 1 tbsp. l cognac and honey;
- serve as a love elixir directly in front of a love rendezvous.
Attention! This plant has a cumulative effect. With prolonged use, an excessive amount of phytonutrients of Hypericum can provoke temporary impotence.
St. John's wort has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, choleretic and astringent effects. The plant stimulates the production of gastric juice and stimulates regenerative (recovery) processes.
In other words, it can be used in the case of:
- psycho-vegetative disorders (depression, apathy) and neurotic reactions;
- diseases of the hepatobiliary system and gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, hypoacid gastritis, flatulence, chronic and acute forms of colitis, cholecystitis, cholestasis, hepatitis);
- inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity (stomatitis, gingivitis).
Dosage and administration
Hypericum can be used to make infusions and decoctions for indoor and outdoor use. To prepare the broth, you need to take 1.5 tbsp. Hypericum herb (10 g), place it in an enamel container and pour 100 ml of water. After that, the container should be closed with a lid and kept in a water bath for half an hour. After this time, cool and strain the broth, then boiled water to bring it to a volume of 200 ml.
Preparing the herb infusion is simpler: to do this, simply put filter bags (2 pcs) into glass / enamel ware and pour 200 ml of boiling water over them. After 15 minutes, you can throw away the packets - the infusion is ready.
The dosage and duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician based on the diagnosis. In the case of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the hepatobiliary system, it is recommended to drink warm decoction of hypericum three times a day in half or third of a glass. The maximum effect will be achieved if you take a decoction half an hour before meals. In case of inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity, rinsing will help: rinse your mouth with extract of St. John's wort from 3 to 5 times a day.
Other dosages are used for children. So with ailments of the hepatobiliary and digestive systems, it is recommended to drink infusion / decoction of hypericum three times a day. Dosage ranges from 1 tbsp. up to 1/3 cup and depends on the age of the child.
Before using the decoction or infusion of herbs St. John's wort should be shaken. It is not recommended to expose yourself to ultraviolet exposure during therapy: it is desirable to refuse both a long stay in the sun and a visit to the solarium.
Oral administration (through the mouth) of Hypericum is contraindicated in the presence of hyperpigmentation and arterial hypertension. It is not recommended to use it in pregnant and lactating women. As for topical use, it is permissible during lactation and gestation, but only with the permission of the attending physician.
Hypericum grass cannot be used to treat children less than 12 years old.
Please note: St. John's wort can affect the nervous system. During the systemic application of Hypericum it is recommended to be careful when driving, as well as when performing work that requires increased concentration and attention. To avoid the inhibitory effects on the nervous system, for the entire period of treatment it is desirable to abandon alcohol and tranquilizers.
St. John's wort is a relatively safe plant. Therefore, side effects appear only in the case of its prolonged use.
So with prolonged therapy may cause discomfort in the liver and a specific taste in the mouth.
Other side effects include:
- allergic reactions;
- high blood pressure;
- decreased potency in men.
Store St. John's wort grass in a dry place at a temperature below 25 degrees Celsius. Shelf life of plants in dry form - 3 years from the date of release. As for decoctions and infusions, they can be stored for 2 days from the moment of preparation at a temperature of 8-15 degrees.
In pharmacies St. John's wort sold without a prescription.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.